City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks Education and Outreach Internship
The Open Space and Mountain Parks Department is looking for summer and fall interns. OSMP preserves and protects the natural environment and land resources that characterize Boulder. They foster appreciation and use that sustain the natural values of the land for current and future generations. OSMP emphasizes positive and informative face-to face interactions in order to build appreciation and respect for the environment.
The summer intern will be responsible for outreach field work at the farmers market, trailheads, and other special events. Outreach work is mostly about making contact with trail users to conduct surveys or to provide helpful information. This work will emphasize teaching children and adults to take care of and respect the outdoors and the flora and fauna.
The fall intern will also be responsible for doing outreach work but come November, when the farmers market ends and the weather gets colder, there will be less work to do.
- Experience with outreach and/or education activities
- Interested in public environmental education and behavior change
- Passion for environmental issues
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Organization: City of Boulder
- Position: Unpaid Education & Outreach Intern (hours vary; start date open to discussion).
- Link: bouldercolorado.gov
- Date Posted: March 30, 2011
- More Information: Contact Steve Mertz at email@example.com with inquiries or to submit a resume and cover letter.